This past week something seriously bugged me. It was the "Random Act of Kindness" Day on November 1st. I got to my desk and found 5 cards printed with Random Act of Kindness Day - Pay it Forward. These business card sized "tickets" were to be used in an act of kindness and then you were to pass this ticket on to the person who benefited from the kind act and they were to then "pay it forward".
Firstly - random is without pattern, i.e. not predictable. Random act of kindness is not to be advertised, in my personal opinion, for then it becomes an act of ego. Add to that the fact that you also tell the person you are being kind to, "Hey, pay attention! I am being kind to you, and yes, this act is "random". No go out and multiply these acts of kindness that is supposed to be random."
Needless to say many people showed up with little edible treats accompanied by their little cards, and called them their contribution to these little acts of random kindness that I now pay forward. IT IS BLOODY SENSELESS!
Random acts of kindness happens all around us all the time and does not necessarily involve money. I hope that we are going to stop being stupid and continue to do the random acts of kindness we always do anyway without being told to.
Just Pay it forward anyway!💝
ReplyDelete