Sunday, December 19, 2010

Crazy Christmas Rush

I love giving gifts and seeing people's reactions to them when they open them, and love nothing more than buying that one special thing that someone wanted, but didn't even realize they wanted until I gave it to them (ha-ha).

This year was no exception, even though I've scaled back a lot over the last few years, I had to do the inevitable shopping for food and a few gifts and couldn't help but notice how rushed some people are. It is quite stupid. Consider the time of year, the busy mall parking lots and take a second to think about what you are doing to yourself. You are picking the worst time of the year to be in a hurry, so slow down and calm down and do your arteries a favour.

So today was mall and shop free for me and I gave a sigh of relief... in stead I took my daughter for a lazy stroll in the park. It was wonderful. And I was truly surprised to see that we were joined by only 4 other people. How sad is that?

I believe a New Year's resolution should be about making a positive change in my life, so this year, I am going to slow down and enjoy the simpler things around me, and make time for lazy strolls in the park on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment